In the third and final session of the Magic Millions National yearling sale, a colt by young sire Foxwedge was the sale-topper at Aus$340,000 (U.S.$261,800).
Buyers were particularly discerning on day one of the Magic Millions National yearling sale June 2 as the clearance rate came in at 69%.
Buyers were plentiful but discriminating at the Magic Millions National yearling sale, which saw overall declines in total sales, average, and clearance rate at the close of the final of two select sessions June 5.
A filly by Fastnet Rock out of a Galileo mare sold for the top price of $300,000 ($278,011 in United States funds) June 4 during the first of two select sessions of the Magic Millions National yearling sale.
A filly by Darley sire Manduro and from the family of undefeated European champion Frankel sold for the highest price of Aust$500,000 ($482,259) at the opening session of the Magic Millions National yearling sale June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000