Three who hit the board in the May 30 Opening Verse Stakes will come back to face off again, except the victorious The Pizza Man, in the $200,000 Firecracker Stakes (gr. IIT) June 27 at Churchill Downs.
Trainer had been weighing options for Golden Ticket that included a possible run in the Cigar Mile (gr. I) before he settled on staying home for a Clark bid.
Frac Daddy will race at Churchill Downs for the first time since his off-the-board finish in the Kentucky Debry Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) when he starts in the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 16.
Trainer Ken McPeek confirmed Monday June 3 that Magic City Thoroughbred Partners' Frac Daddy will run Saturday in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park in field that could include 15 starters.
Golden Ticket, a 33-1 shot, and 2-1 favorite Alpha made history with the first dead heat in the modern history of the $1 million Travers Stakes (gr. I).
Fasig-Tipton July select auction received generally good reviews as it launched the 2012 yearling selling season in a solid fashion.
A Malibu Moon colt brought $375,000 during the early afternoon portion of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select sale in Lexington July 10. The strapping dark bay was the highest price at the sale thus far.
Three-year-old Unbridled Minister has been retired from racing and will enter stud in 2012 at Dan Fuchs' White Hat Ranch near Billings, Mont.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup