A trio of contenders for the Nov. 29 Clark Handicap (gr. I)--Golden Ticket, Bourbon Courage, and Finnegans Wake--turned in their final works Nov. 23 for the premiere race of Churchill's autumn meet.
Frac Daddy and Java's War have five-furlong maintenance works at Churchill Downs April 27.
Three races into his career, Frac Daddy appears to have trainer Ken McPeek back on the Triple Crown trail for 2013.
Golden Ticket, dead-heat winner of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was not pre-entered in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and will be out for an undetermined period of time, trainer Ken McPeek said Oct. 23.
Alpha and Golden Ticket, forever linked after their historic draw in the Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25, could meet again in another $1 million race, the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Parx Racing Sept. 22.
Kentucky needs a game-changer. Its equine economy is at stake. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases