Multiple graded stakes winner Frac Daddy has been retired from racing, according to a July 28 announcement from trainer Ken McPeek.
Golden Ticket and Alpha, dead-heat winners of the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I), met up again in the Left Bank Stakes on opening day of the Belmont Park fall meet Sept. 5, but this time Golden Ticket was the clear victor.
Frac Daddy was scratched from the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) due to a tendon injury Aug. 23, but it remains unclear a day later how the Scat Daddy colt hurt himself.
Odds-on choice Frac Daddy, making his initial foray into Canada, came away with a convincing five-length victory in the $186,614 Eclipse Stakes (Can-II) June 1 on the Woodbine Polytrack.
Magic City Thoroughbred Partners' Frac Daddy returned to Keeneland and returned to winning ways April 19, taking the $150,000 Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III) at the Lexington oval.
A trio of contenders for the Nov. 29 Clark Handicap (gr. I)--Golden Ticket, Bourbon Courage, and Finnegans Wake--turned in their final works Nov. 23 for the premiere race of Churchill's autumn meet.
Frac Daddy and Java's War have five-furlong maintenance works at Churchill Downs April 27.
Three races into his career, Frac Daddy appears to have trainer Ken McPeek back on the Triple Crown trail for 2013.
Golden Ticket, dead-heat winner of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was not pre-entered in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and will be out for an undetermined period of time, trainer Ken McPeek said Oct. 23.
Alpha and Golden Ticket, forever linked after their historic draw in the Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25, could meet again in another $1 million race, the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Parx Racing Sept. 22.
Kentucky needs a game-changer. Its equine economy is at stake. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks