Woodford Stallions at Stonewall Farm Ocala has hired Doug Phalin as general manager, along with his wife, Laurie, as new farm manager, the operation announced Jan. 4.
Curlin, North America's richest horse with earnings of more than $10.5 million, began his new career Feb. 13 when he covered his first mare at Will S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
A half-sister to champion Afleet Alex was born March 10 at Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Farm near Lexington.
On the same day Afleet Alex won the $1-million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), his full brother, Unforgettable Max, won a $47,000 allowance/optional claiming test across the Hudson River and down the Garden State Parkway at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Slideshow: Game On Dude