Woodford Stallions at Stonewall Farm Ocala has hired Doug Phalin as general manager, along with his wife, Laurie, as new farm manager, the operation announced Jan. 4.
Curlin, North America's richest horse with earnings of more than $10.5 million, began his new career Feb. 13 when he covered his first mare at Will S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
A half-sister to champion Afleet Alex was born March 10 at Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Farm near Lexington.
On the same day Afleet Alex won the $1-million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), his full brother, Unforgettable Max, won a $47,000 allowance/optional claiming test across the Hudson River and down the Garden State Parkway at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore