Leading Prairie Meadows jockey David Mello landed his 1,000th lifetime victory the evening of July 12 when he guided Voodooville to a three-length victory in the fourth race at the Altoona, Iowa, track.
The use and possible abuse of therapeutic medications will be dominating the discussions throughout the 78th annual Conference on Racing and Wagering Integrity underway in Oklahoma City April 25.
HRTV's "Inside Information" featuring owner Maggi Moss and jockey Joe Talamo.
This year's Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association dinner took place at John Sikura's picturesque Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington, where elite horsemen from across the country gathered for a night of entertainment by Aretha Franklin and a ceremony to honor their accomplishments in the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released