Magdalena Racing's Pure Fun returned from a five-month layoff in style with an off-the-pace victory in the $202,300 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
War Dancer got the bob in a three-way photo finish July 13 at Colonial Downs, overpowering hard-running Charming Kitten and staving off the late-flying Jack Milton to get victory in the $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT).
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
With few hours left before the first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale Aug. 6, trainer Kenny McPeek shared the short list of horses he believes will bring big prices.
Trainer Ken McPeek says he has brought two "solid 3-year-olds" to New York for a possible start in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) because "we believe anything can happen in the third leg of the Triple Crown."
My Baby Baby held off a late charge from fast-closing longshot Ravi's Song to win $113,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck June 11 at Churchill Downs.
House of Grace caught Smart Seattle at the wire to register a nose victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes, which was taken off the turf and transferred to Keeneland's Polytrack Oct. 15 at the rain-slickened Lexington track.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract