Judy the Beauty, the 3-5 favorite, wins the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland. The 5-year-old Ghostzapper mare is owned and trained by Wesley Ward.
Synthetic surface specialist Mary Delaney took the lead shortly after the start and never looked back Wednesday to take Keeneland's Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. II) in impressive fashion.
Happy Ticket, who started her racing career with nine consecutive wins, has been retired from racing and will be sent to the Greathouse brothers' Glencrest Farm near Midway, Ky.
Dubai Escapade kept her streak going with an easy victory Wednesday in the Vinery Madison (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Bending Springs, fourth in last year's Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland, returns to the Lexington oval for Wednesday's Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. II)
Happy Ticket, who gained a lot of believers after a strong second to Ashado in the Oct. 1 Beldame Stakes (gr. I), had her last workout Wednesday morning for Saturday's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Now that his veteran stakes winner Champali has returned to the winner's circle, trainer Greg Foley is looking toward a future on both the main track and the turf course for his 4-year-old star.
A New Twist topped a depleted field in Wednesday's Keeneland feature, the $132,769 Madison Stakes. Favorite You, September Secret, and Slews Final Answer all scratched after rain left the track muddy.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap