Synthetic surface specialist Mary Delaney took the lead shortly after the start and never looked back Wednesday to take Keeneland's Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. II) in impressive fashion.
Happy Ticket, who started her racing career with nine consecutive wins, has been retired from racing and will be sent to the Greathouse brothers' Glencrest Farm near Midway, Ky.
Dubai Escapade kept her streak going with an easy victory Wednesday in the Vinery Madison (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Bending Springs, fourth in last year's Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland, returns to the Lexington oval for Wednesday's Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. II)
Happy Ticket, who gained a lot of believers after a strong second to Ashado in the Oct. 1 Beldame Stakes (gr. I), had her last workout Wednesday morning for Saturday's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Now that his veteran stakes winner Champali has returned to the winner's circle, trainer Greg Foley is looking toward a future on both the main track and the turf course for his 4-year-old star.
A New Twist topped a depleted field in Wednesday's Keeneland feature, the $132,769 Madison Stakes. Favorite You, September Secret, and Slews Final Answer all scratched after rain left the track muddy.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55