Mercedes Stables' and Madeleine Paulson's Rock Hard Ten, third via disqualification in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and excluded from the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) because of insufficient earnings in graded stakes events, tuned up for an expected run in the Preakness (gr. I) with a seven furlong workout Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Mercedes Stables LLC and Madeleine Paulson's Kentucky Derby (gr. I ) hopeful Rock Hard Ten worked five furlongs Tuesday at Churchill Downs in the colt's first serious training move at the track since his arrival from his Southern California base last Friday.
Allen E. Paulson, founder of the Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. whose Brookside Farms became one of North America's most successful racing and breeding entities of the 1980s and 1990s, died Wednesday in California after a lengthy illness. He was 78.
Services for leading owner/breeder Allen E. Paulson will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 25, at Nativity Catholic Church in Rancho Sante Fe, Calif. Paulson, 78, died Wednesday night after a battle with cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- Shedding My Mask
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- A Great Ambassador
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks