The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, headline event of the 23rd annual showcase for the offspring of Maryland sires Oct. 4, drew the top three finishers from the race last year, including defending champion Evil Storm.
The winner and runner-up from Monmouth Park's May 26 Politely Stakes -- plus the fourth-place finisher -- will meet again at the New Jersey oval June 14, when a field of eight fillies and mares go postward in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT).
A mere nostril separated the victorious Dreaming of Anna and runner-up Lear's Princess in the Endeavour Stakes (gr. IIIT) following a heart-pounding stretch duel one month ago. It's time for an encore as the 4-year-old filly stars tangle again on the Tampa Bay Downs turf course in the $175,000 Hillsborough (gr. IIIT) March 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11