The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, headline event of the 23rd annual showcase for the offspring of Maryland sires Oct. 4, drew the top three finishers from the race last year, including defending champion Evil Storm.
The winner and runner-up from Monmouth Park's May 26 Politely Stakes -- plus the fourth-place finisher -- will meet again at the New Jersey oval June 14, when a field of eight fillies and mares go postward in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT).
A mere nostril separated the victorious Dreaming of Anna and runner-up Lear's Princess in the Endeavour Stakes (gr. IIIT) following a heart-pounding stretch duel one month ago. It's time for an encore as the 4-year-old filly stars tangle again on the Tampa Bay Downs turf course in the $175,000 Hillsborough (gr. IIIT) March 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014