Seeking the Best, who stood the last two breeding season at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington, will stand at John Burness' Colebrook Farms Stallion Station near Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada.
Mackie, who sold for big prices at auction, was euthanized March 18 because of foaling complications while delivering an offspring by Any Given Saturday.
Seeking the Best, a group III stakes-winning millionaire by Seeking the Gold, will stand at Hill 'n' Dale in 2008, the Kentucky farm announced in a Sept. 28 press release.
A complete dispersal of horses owned by Roger Baines' Britton House Stud is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale in England.
A late switch has seen Indian Danehill redirected to Java Lodge in the Waikato, rather than complete his second southern season at Lindsay Park. Danehill's Irish-bred French group I winner arrived at the Waikato farm of Jo and Ross Mackie at 9.30 p.m. Aug. 26.
Mr. Mellon, who won the Arlington Classic Stakes (gr. IIT) in June, has been retired after suffering a career-ending injury in the Sept. 7 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate