Seeking the Best, who stood the last two breeding season at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington, will stand at John Burness' Colebrook Farms Stallion Station near Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada.
Mackie, who sold for big prices at auction, was euthanized March 18 because of foaling complications while delivering an offspring by Any Given Saturday.
Seeking the Best, a group III stakes-winning millionaire by Seeking the Gold, will stand at Hill 'n' Dale in 2008, the Kentucky farm announced in a Sept. 28 press release.
A complete dispersal of horses owned by Roger Baines' Britton House Stud is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale in England.
A late switch has seen Indian Danehill redirected to Java Lodge in the Waikato, rather than complete his second southern season at Lindsay Park. Danehill's Irish-bred French group I winner arrived at the Waikato farm of Jo and Ross Mackie at 9.30 p.m. Aug. 26.
Mr. Mellon, who won the Arlington Classic Stakes (gr. IIT) in June, has been retired after suffering a career-ending injury in the Sept. 7 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit