Contrasting views on the future of synthetic tracks were expressed at the meeting of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities in Paris on Oct. 6, following the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) meeting at Longchamp.
Kempton Park racecourse, 15 miles west of London, England, is to stage the Kentucky Derby Challenge Stakes March 18, 2009, for the first time. The winner of the nine-furlong, $150,000 conditions race, run on fibresand under floodlights, will be eligible for the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 2.
Russell Baze, North America's most winning jockey with more than 10,000 victories during his career, will long remember his first ride in Europe at Ascot, which cost him a four-day whip ban.
A program honoring trainer Mackenzie Miller will take place at the Lexington History Museum Oct. 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa