Contrasting views on the future of synthetic tracks were expressed at the meeting of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities in Paris on Oct. 6, following the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) meeting at Longchamp.
Kempton Park racecourse, 15 miles west of London, England, is to stage the Kentucky Derby Challenge Stakes March 18, 2009, for the first time. The winner of the nine-furlong, $150,000 conditions race, run on fibresand under floodlights, will be eligible for the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 2.
Russell Baze, North America's most winning jockey with more than 10,000 victories during his career, will long remember his first ride in Europe at Ascot, which cost him a four-day whip ban.
A program honoring trainer Mackenzie Miller will take place at the Lexington History Museum Oct. 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell