Cyber Secret has not won on the dirt at Churchill Downs, but fresh off a 5 3/4-length victory in the April 13 Oaklawn Handicap, trainer Lynn Whiting is willing to put his unbeaten season on the line.
Handsome Mike is the fourth graded/group stakes winner of 2012 for Ashford Stud's Scat Daddy.
J. Paul Reddam's Handsome Mike staged a Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) shocker at Parx Racing Sept. 22, taking the $1 million event at odds of 19-1.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Whitney Invitational Handicap, West Virginia Derby and more! watch video
Jockey Corey Nakatani and Macho Macho let Louisiana Derby winner (gr. I) Hero of Order do the dirty work wearing out 3-5 favorite Hansen in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II), then rolled to victory Aug. 4.
- By Tom LaMarra
Tom and Pete handicap the Whitney Invitational Handicap and the West Virginia Derby this week. watch video
The brilliant, nearly white frontrunner will find the eyes of the nation upon him Aug. 4 when he heads postward as the 3-5 morning line favorite in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II)
My Adonis, rebounding from an eighth-place finish in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) last month, opened up a big lead in the homestretch of the $99,000 Long Branch Stakes and held on tight to win July 8 at Monmouth Park.
With three weeks left until the Haskell Invitational (gr. I), seven sophomores will attempt to burnish their credentials for the $1 million event at Monmouth Park with a victory in the Long Branch Stakes July 8.
Neck 'n Neck came through with his second straight win at Churchill Downs when he captured the Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds by 7 1/4 lengths over Stealcase.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds