Supplemental entry Silver Wagon was installed as the 6-5 morning line favorite in the President's Day headliner at Laurel Park Monday, the $300,000 General George Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Thor's Echo, upset winner of the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) on Nov. 4, is the 8-5 morning line favorite after drawing the outside post among nine entered in the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Sunday's $150,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park is the last chance for Silver Train to run over his favorite track until the fall so trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. is taking this start as seriously as any grade I race.
Tiger tries to stay unbeaten against stakes rivals when he meets seven others in the $200,000 True North Handicap (gr. II) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park main track.
Trainer Nick Zito looks for another big effort by The Cliff's Edge, the odds-on favorite for Saturday's $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs
This is the seventh in a series of early looks at next year's potential Derby horses. Times are changing, and big-name trainers are looking for Derby horses wherever they can find them. Despite his usual abundance of promising colts, Bob Baffert already has added two new horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field