As Frankel's second season at stud comes to a close, Juddmonte Farms reports that the undefeated champion has been represented by 108 foals to date from his highly anticipated first crop.
The first foal by Frankel to be offered at public auction was sold along with his dam, in foal to the undefeated champion, for Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£1.15 million ($1,952,437 in United States funds) June 16 at the Goffs London sale.
Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
A Montjeu colt out of European champion Finsceal Beo lit up the board at Kildare Paddocks Oct. 3 when selling for ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬2.85 million ($3,881,536 in United States funds) at the Goffs Orby yearling sale in Ireland.
Shadwell Estate Co. bought a Raven's Pass filly for 520,000 Euros (US$706,454), the highest price at the opening of session of Goffs Orby yearling sale Oct. 2 at Kildare Paddocks in County Kildare, Ireland.
A colt by War Front out of a full sister to the dam of Departing was sold for $1 million as the second seven-figure horse at the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move