MI Developments, which owns 59% of the equity in Magna Entertainment Corp., announced Thursday that it will not proceed with plans to take the racetrack conglomerate private by acquiring all outstanding shares.
M. Douglas Young has been appointed lead director of MI Developments' board of directors, the company announced Sept. 2. MID is a Magna company that is seeking to purchase the stock of Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins