MI Developments, which owns 59% of the equity in Magna Entertainment Corp., announced Thursday that it will not proceed with plans to take the racetrack conglomerate private by acquiring all outstanding shares.
M. Douglas Young has been appointed lead director of MI Developments' board of directors, the company announced Sept. 2. MID is a Magna company that is seeking to purchase the stock of Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win