MI Developments, which owns 59% of the equity in Magna Entertainment Corp., announced Thursday that it will not proceed with plans to take the racetrack conglomerate private by acquiring all outstanding shares.
M. Douglas Young has been appointed lead director of MI Developments' board of directors, the company announced Sept. 2. MID is a Magna company that is seeking to purchase the stock of Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro