A leading sales agency and three horse owners continue to wrangle with another prominent breeder over the November 2011, $2.1 million sale of the mare Love Me Only, as the purchaser alleges fraud by the consignors.
Kodiak Kowboy, whose victory in the Nov. 28 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct was one of three grade I triumphs this year, has been retired from racing and will enter stud in 2010.
Jockey Tony Culhane was among four individuals banned from British racing at a Horseracing Regulatory Authority inquiry held in London, England on Monday, July 9.
Castledale, a grade I winner on dirt and turf, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
For as far back as he can remember, Frank Lyons wanted to spend his life with horses. The 40-year-old native of Ireland used his entire youth to prepare for a career as a horse trainer. He's now putting that preparation to use as a TVG analyst and as a co-owner of Castledale.
Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Castledale and Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) hero St Averil both arrived safely at Churchill Downs Monday afternoon from their home bases of Santa Anita and visited the Louisville oval's main track for the first time Tuesday.
TV Games Network will present a 90-minute preview show of the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. Eastern.
Evil Elaine, the dam of Horse of the Year Favorite Trick, foaled a filly by Unbridled's Song Thursday, Feb. 5, at Frank and Jane Lyons' Summer Wind Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- KY-Bred Colts Set for Rematch at Goodwood
- Historical Racing Argued Again in Court