Dean Butler earn victory No. 2,000 April 22 in the fifth race at Tampa Bay Downs aboard Impromptu, a 4-year-old gelding owned by Empire Racing and trained by Bernell Rhone.
The 80th season of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs opens Dec. 10 with changes aimed at impressing racing fans, including bigger payouts on exacta, daily double, quinella, pick 3, and pick 4 wagering. The track's 26 stakes races will be run for more than $2.3 million.
Trainer Lynne Scace made three trips to the Tampa Bay Downs winners' circle on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup