Dean Butler earn victory No. 2,000 April 22 in the fifth race at Tampa Bay Downs aboard Impromptu, a 4-year-old gelding owned by Empire Racing and trained by Bernell Rhone.
The 80th season of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs opens Dec. 10 with changes aimed at impressing racing fans, including bigger payouts on exacta, daily double, quinella, pick 3, and pick 4 wagering. The track's 26 stakes races will be run for more than $2.3 million.
Trainer Lynne Scace made three trips to the Tampa Bay Downs winners' circle on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill