Dean Butler earn victory No. 2,000 April 22 in the fifth race at Tampa Bay Downs aboard Impromptu, a 4-year-old gelding owned by Empire Racing and trained by Bernell Rhone.
The 80th season of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs opens Dec. 10 with changes aimed at impressing racing fans, including bigger payouts on exacta, daily double, quinella, pick 3, and pick 4 wagering. The track's 26 stakes races will be run for more than $2.3 million.
Trainer Lynne Scace made three trips to the Tampa Bay Downs winners' circle on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win