A Kentucky-bred Elusive Quality colt sold for 760,000 guineas (US$1,215,999), a European record for a breeze-up horse, at the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven sale April 18 in Newmarket.
A son of Danehill Dancer topped the opening day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale, bringing 170,000 guineas ($284,116 in U.S. funds) April 18 in England.
The Goffs ready to run sale at Kempton in Ireland April 3 enjoyed a 10% increase in gross from a year ago and had a clearance rate of 83%. But the average price and median price declined 6.8% and 10%, respectively.
Craven Breeze-up sale catalog has 194 horses listed.
Gross, average, and median all increase in Keeneland November sale's 12th session.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale finished Saturday with a record aggregate of 23,295,600 guineas, up 27% on 2004, and a record median of 18,000 guineas, a 24% increase.
Day one of Tattersalls' December Foal Sale set records all round in Newmarket Wednesday. The 2,110,600-guinea turnover was up 99% on 2004, the 9,771gns average increased 56% and the 6,500gns median rose by 76%.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale began in Newmarket, England on Wednesday, with the weakest of the four days. But the 7,944 guineas average was still up by 12% over last year's record and the 5,000 guineas median was up 25%. The session aggregate of 1,421,900 guineas for an expanded catalogue was virtually double the 2002 figure.
Most Popular Stories
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014