NYRA president Christopher Kay, whose contract extension was announced Oct. 21, said the organization most likely will experience an increase in profit this year exclusive of revenue from video lottery terminals.
The New York Racing Fan Advisory Council held an open forum Aug. 30 at Saratoga Race Course, inviting customers and racing fans in the state to share comments and questions about their experiences at New York's tracks.
The New York Racing Association announced it has entered into a partnership with Priority One Jets that includes sponsorship of the Forego Stakes (gr. I) that will now be run as the Priority One Forego.
Customers at Saratoga Race Course this summer will find the signature of its current leadership boldly on the historic track's 147th race meet, which begins July 24.
In the first of a series of quarterly meetings, executives from the New York Racing Association took questions from customers in an hour-long question-and-answer session Nov. 15 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Optimism was evident May 28 as the board of directors of the New York Racing Association heard Chris Kay, president and CEO, detail several improvements customers can expect on what could be an historic Belmont Stakes day.
The New York Racing Association has added two executives to its senior management team, naming Lynn LaRocca to the newly created position of chief experience officer and Joseph Lambert as its general counsel.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Churchill Downs, Cancer Institute Announce Partnership
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale