A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
Graded stakes winner Lydgate sired his first winner when his son Bon Ami Pete won Sept. 24 at Retama Park in his initial start.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Lydgate closed with a huge rush to win the Ageon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Friday on the Kentucky Oaks undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move