A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
Graded stakes winner Lydgate sired his first winner when his son Bon Ami Pete won Sept. 24 at Retama Park in his initial start.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Lydgate closed with a huge rush to win the Ageon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Friday on the Kentucky Oaks undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June