A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
Graded stakes winner Lydgate sired his first winner when his son Bon Ami Pete won Sept. 24 at Retama Park in his initial start.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Lydgate closed with a huge rush to win the Ageon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Friday on the Kentucky Oaks undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC