A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
Graded stakes winner Lydgate sired his first winner when his son Bon Ami Pete won Sept. 24 at Retama Park in his initial start.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Lydgate closed with a huge rush to win the Ageon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Friday on the Kentucky Oaks undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race