Buzzword completed a superb weekend of racing for Godolphin when he captured the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg July 18.
Lahaleeb, winner of the E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) in October, topped the opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale, bringing 1- million guineas ($1,727,247 in U.S. funds) Nov. 30 in England. The session posted an increase of 13.4% in its median price from a year ago, but the gross revenue and average price fell 4.9% and 7.6%, respectively.
A trio of grade/group I winners -- Lahaleeb, Eva's Request, and Lush Lashes -- are among the 981 horses in the Tattersalls December mare sale catalog. The auction will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 3 in England.
New Approach and Lush Lashes combined to sweep both group I races at Leopardstown on Sept. 7, giving their sire, Galileo, and their trainer, Jim Bolger a banner day of racing.
A change in venue and an additional day's wait proved not to be a hindrance to Lush Lashes, as the Jim Bolger trainee powered down the center of the course to capture the Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) by 1 1/4 lengths at Newmarket Aug. 22.
Lush Lashes won the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot on June 20, sprinting away in the final furlong to win by 3 1/4 lengths over Infallible.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Averill's R Angel Katelyn Set for Florida Cup Day
- Olorda Brings Back Class to Orchid Stakes
- Federal Bills Aim to Increase Industry Participation
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup