Jade Hunter, whose daughter Azeri ranks as North America's leading money-earning distaffer, has been pensioned from stallion duty.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy has not finished serving his prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions. But he attended this year's Keeneland September yearling sale, saying he was helping someone look at horses to buy.
A report released Thursday by the federal House Committee on Government Reform details a scheme by former Calumet Farms president J. T. Lundy to secretly share profits from a Venezuelan coal deal with President Clinton's half-brother in an effort to secure a pardon.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Roger Clinton, half-brother to former President Bill Clinton, is being investigated by a House of Representatives committee for allegedly being paid to help J.T. Lundy, former president of Calumet Farm, get clemency, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy got a four and half year prison sentence for defrauding a Houston bank out of $65 million. Gary Matthews, the farm's former chief financial officer, got 21 months. Alydar became part of the hearing, but the judge found no conclusive evidence the stallion was killed for insurance money, as federal prosecutors alleged.
A federal prosecutor wants a Houston judge to punish J.T. Lundy for executing a plan to kill Alydar for insurance money.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Donegal Racing Aims for Derby Weekend Triple