After getting off to a relatively slow start, trainer Ronny Werner swept both maiden races for 2-year-olds run at Keeneland Thursday and Friday. The two wins improve Werner's record with first-time starters at the Lexington track the last two years to seven wins from 10 starts.
Triple Crown Bloodstock's Publication raced up close through slow opening fractions, inherited the lead when pacesetter Lunar Bounty tired, then held on to win Saturday's $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. II) by a neck at Arlington Park.
Seven colts are scheduled to head postward Wednesday in the grade II Saratoga Special. Lunar Bounty, who is undefeated in two starts, is the 2-1 morning line favorite.
Cashier's Dream and Lunar Bounty both earn rich stakes wins over Churchill Downs' final weekend
Tom R. Durant's Lunar Bounty dueled with Binyamin and 4-5 favorite Storm Passage through the opening half-mile before pulling clear to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $133,750 Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. II) on Sunday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core