Jockey Jason Lumpkins won his first race in 1988 at Delaware Park. And after many travels that took him to the Midwest and West Coast, Lumpkins is back at Delaware Park for the 2005 meet.
Jockey Jason Lumpkins suffered a fractured left collarbone and a mild concussion when his mount Crozet fell during the running of the $51,875 Star Ball Stakes for fillies and mares Sunday at Golden Gate Fields.
Turfway Park's leading jockey Jason Lumpkins broke Kris Prather's 2001 record of 109 wins during a Winter-Spring Meet on Monday when he collected his 110th victory aboard Denis W. Roberson's Sir Grunt in the fourth race.
Trainer Bernie Flint and Jockey Jason Lumpkins, who currently win at a 43% rate when teaming together, enter the homestretch of Turfway Park's Winter-Spring meet with single-season records in sight.
Van Rouge led all the way en route to winning Sunday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths over Doc Holiday at Bay Meadows. On the firm turf, Van Rouge completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.78 under Jason Lumpkins.
Stronach Stable's 4-year-old gelding Euchre took advantage of a fast pace in Monday's All American Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows, running down Irisheyesareflying in the stretch to earn the $82,500 winner's share of the $150,000 purse for his 1 1/2 length win. 8-5 favorite Irisheyesareflying finished second, 1 1/2 lengths ahead of Moonlight Charger.
Jason Lumpkins, Anthony Black, and Pat Day had big days over the weekend, with all three jockeys booting home five or more winners on one card at their respective tracks.
Jockey Kevin Radke was hospitalized after a spill during the first race of the Bay Meadows meeting Friday night. The jockey suffered bruises and a sore neck in the mishap but plans to resume riding on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71