David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Former Kentucky chief racing steward John Veitch finally got his day in court Aug. 1 when Franklin, Ky., Circuit Court judge Thomas Wingate heard arguments on both sides of the controversial Life At Ten case.
A Kentucky Circuit Court judge has scheduled a hearing on former chief Kentucky racing steward John Veitch's request for the court to reverse his one-year suspension stemming from the Life At Ten case.
A Circuit Court judge has told John Veitch to obtain a letter of interest for his services from a Kentucky racetrack and then re-submit his license application to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
A probe into Life At Ten's performance in last year's Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic and subsequent hearings into whether chief steward John Veitch violated any racing rules has cost the parties involved more than $100,000.
The chief state steward overseeing racing in Kentucky and several veterinarians testified June 29 that they saw nothing out of the ordinary with Life At Ten prior to her participation in the Ladies' Classic.
John Veitch, the chief state steward for Kentucky Thoroughbred racing, defended his actions June 28 during a hearing in connection with Life At Ten's run in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Down
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Live Chat - Friday, April 3 at NOON EDT
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania