David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Former Kentucky chief racing steward John Veitch finally got his day in court Aug. 1 when Franklin, Ky., Circuit Court judge Thomas Wingate heard arguments on both sides of the controversial Life At Ten case.
A Kentucky Circuit Court judge has scheduled a hearing on former chief Kentucky racing steward John Veitch's request for the court to reverse his one-year suspension stemming from the Life At Ten case.
A Circuit Court judge has told John Veitch to obtain a letter of interest for his services from a Kentucky racetrack and then re-submit his license application to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
A probe into Life At Ten's performance in last year's Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic and subsequent hearings into whether chief steward John Veitch violated any racing rules has cost the parties involved more than $100,000.
The chief state steward overseeing racing in Kentucky and several veterinarians testified June 29 that they saw nothing out of the ordinary with Life At Ten prior to her participation in the Ladies' Classic.
John Veitch, the chief state steward for Kentucky Thoroughbred racing, defended his actions June 28 during a hearing in connection with Life At Ten's run in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Down
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew