Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Spite the Devil, at odds of 16-1, motored down the middle of the track and caught Alysweep at the wire to win the $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct.
Bruce Garafolo's A.P. Andie, unraced since November, shot through a hole near the rail and overtook favored Shawklit Mint to win Saturday's six-furlong Correction Handicap for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Luis Chavez heads to New York... Dan Pride to Darley...Countdown to the Breeders' Cup in Saratoga...National Museum of Racing seeks works by Henry Koehler...Churchill stakes deadline approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course