Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Spite the Devil, at odds of 16-1, motored down the middle of the track and caught Alysweep at the wire to win the $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct.
Bruce Garafolo's A.P. Andie, unraced since November, shot through a hole near the rail and overtook favored Shawklit Mint to win Saturday's six-furlong Correction Handicap for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Luis Chavez heads to New York... Dan Pride to Darley...Countdown to the Breeders' Cup in Saratoga...National Museum of Racing seeks works by Henry Koehler...Churchill stakes deadline approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam