Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Spite the Devil, at odds of 16-1, motored down the middle of the track and caught Alysweep at the wire to win the $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct.
Bruce Garafolo's A.P. Andie, unraced since November, shot through a hole near the rail and overtook favored Shawklit Mint to win Saturday's six-furlong Correction Handicap for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Luis Chavez heads to New York... Dan Pride to Darley...Countdown to the Breeders' Cup in Saratoga...National Museum of Racing seeks works by Henry Koehler...Churchill stakes deadline approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares