Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Spite the Devil, at odds of 16-1, motored down the middle of the track and caught Alysweep at the wire to win the $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct.
Bruce Garafolo's A.P. Andie, unraced since November, shot through a hole near the rail and overtook favored Shawklit Mint to win Saturday's six-furlong Correction Handicap for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Luis Chavez heads to New York... Dan Pride to Darley...Countdown to the Breeders' Cup in Saratoga...National Museum of Racing seeks works by Henry Koehler...Churchill stakes deadline approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell