Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Spite the Devil, at odds of 16-1, motored down the middle of the track and caught Alysweep at the wire to win the $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct.
Bruce Garafolo's A.P. Andie, unraced since November, shot through a hole near the rail and overtook favored Shawklit Mint to win Saturday's six-furlong Correction Handicap for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Luis Chavez heads to New York... Dan Pride to Darley...Countdown to the Breeders' Cup in Saratoga...National Museum of Racing seeks works by Henry Koehler...Churchill stakes deadline approaches.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud