Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull will stand in 2010 at Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. announced May 21 that 25 individuals are on the ballot for the election of 13 positions to its board of members and trustees.
A committee of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved a proposed regulation that would mandate safety helmets be worn by all licensed personnel--including exercise riders and trainers during morning training times--at all of the state's tracks.
Three-year-old Kodiak Kowboy, a Canadian champion and a grade II winner this year and last, will not enter stud in 2009 and instead will remain in training.
Centennial Farms' Chelokee will stand the 2009 breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington.
After July 10, Vinery will no longer have horses with trainer Steve Asmussen. But Tom Ludt, general manager of the farm, said it is likely the stable will have horses with Asmussen again at some point in the future.
Drafts of two rules aimed at increasing field sizes -- one affecting claimed horses and the other limiting scratches -- were approved Monday by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records