Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull will stand in 2010 at Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. announced May 21 that 25 individuals are on the ballot for the election of 13 positions to its board of members and trustees.
A committee of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved a proposed regulation that would mandate safety helmets be worn by all licensed personnel--including exercise riders and trainers during morning training times--at all of the state's tracks.
Three-year-old Kodiak Kowboy, a Canadian champion and a grade II winner this year and last, will not enter stud in 2009 and instead will remain in training.
Centennial Farms' Chelokee will stand the 2009 breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington.
- By Dan Liebman
After July 10, Vinery will no longer have horses with trainer Steve Asmussen. But Tom Ludt, general manager of the farm, said it is likely the stable will have horses with Asmussen again at some point in the future.
- By Ron Mitchell
Drafts of two rules aimed at increasing field sizes -- one affecting claimed horses and the other limiting scratches -- were approved Monday by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham