The Fugue swept past front-runner Venus de Milo more than a furlong out and cruised clear to victory Aug. 22 in the Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I), halting a four-race winless skid.
Art Connoisseur came from last to first to score a major upset in the Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) on closing day of Royal Ascot June 20.
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
Rakti held off Lucky Story for a half-length victory Saturday in the $556,530 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I), the last big event before the Ascot course is closed and rebuilt.
Gary Stevens says he's glad to be back in California, but had he remained in France, he could have given trainer Andre Fabre his first French group I win of the year when Grey Lilas claimed the one-mile Prix du Moulin (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp.
Abdullah Buhaleeba's Lucky Story solidified his status as the early favorite for next year's Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) when he gamely held off Auditorium to win Friday's Champagne Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Doncaster Racecourse.
Kris S., already the sire this year of Vodafone Derby winner Kris Kin, was represented today at Glorious Goodwood by Veuve Clicquot Vintage Stakes (Eng-II) winner Lucky Story.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20