Presious Passion, who bounced back from a ninth-place finish in last year's Sunshine Millions Turf at Gulfstream Park to become a grade I winner, invades Santa Anita for the 2009 renewal Jan. 24.
Presious Passion and Icy Atlantic are two of the top contenders in the Jan. 26 event at Gulfstream Park.
Seek Gold, upset winner of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 17, turned in a sparkling five furlong work on Sunday at Churchill Downs in preparation for an expected start in the $750,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) July 8. Likely favorite Lava Man was assigned 124 pounds for the 1 1/4-mile event.
Harris Farms' homebred Lucky J.H. prevailed in a terrific stretch duel with the veteran sprinter Captain Squire to win the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday, giving the 4-year-old colt his third straight win.
Lucky J.H., victorious over California-breds in his last start on April 30 in the 7 1/2-furlong Tiznow Stakes at Hollywood Park, will try the same distance against open company in the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) on Saturday.
Winless in seven career starts, Robador saved his best for the stretch run, nabbing Lucky J.H. in the closing strides to win the $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief for 3-year-olds by a half-length at Hollywood Park Sunday. The 1/8-mile affair was the showcase event of the $1.3 million Gold Rush for California-breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North