A Kentucky-bred son of Sky Mesa was sold for $60,000 to top the Aug. 13 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Northern California sale at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
She's a Tiger came as advertised in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes, speeding to a sharp victory as the 3-5 choice July 13 over six rival juvenile fillies at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com