A Kentucky-bred son of Sky Mesa was sold for $60,000 to top the Aug. 13 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Northern California sale at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
She's a Tiger came as advertised in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes, speeding to a sharp victory as the 3-5 choice July 13 over six rival juvenile fillies at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing