A Kentucky-bred son of Sky Mesa was sold for $60,000 to top the Aug. 13 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Northern California sale at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
She's a Tiger came as advertised in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes, speeding to a sharp victory as the 3-5 choice July 13 over six rival juvenile fillies at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa