The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale ended its two-day run Oct. 13 in Central Florida with moderate losses of 12.8% in its average price and 6.7% in its median price. There was a smaller catalog than in 2008, when the auction was three days long, and that contributed to a 30.7% plunge in gross revenue and a 20.6% decline in the number of horses sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- JRHA Releases Select Sale Catalog
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness