Bobby Frankel's Aspen Gal could be the class of a wide-open field of 10 3-year-old fillies battling on Santa Anita Park's hillside turf course in Sunday's $100,000 La Habra Stakes. A victory in the La Habra, which is run at about 6 ½ furlongs, would be the richest career win for any filly in the field.
Wildwood Flower, an unbeaten half sister to stakes star Eye Of The Tiger, will be shipped south from Bay Meadows Wednesday to make her stakes debut in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Moccasin Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs on Sunday, according to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp