The Del Mar horse crowd dug deep into their pockets July 18 to raise more than $80,000 for retired racehorses at the California Retirement Management Account's annual CARMA Cares Charity Fundraiser.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance is teaming with California Retirement Management Account at the Breeders' Cup World Championships to promote awareness of Thoroughbred aftercare.
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
More than 60 Thoroughbreds, most of them former racehorses, will be competing April 20-21 in the first Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show at the Mission Viejo Horse Park in San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Well-Balanced Field in Dance Smartly
- Wings of Eagles Seeks English-Irish Derby Double
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- CANTER PA Promotes Rider Education Through Scholarship
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney