The only offspring by English and Irish champion George Washington figures to be one of the main attractions at the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
A George Washington filly born at the Irish National Stud Feb. 4 is likely to be the deceased Coolmore stallion's only offspring.
George Washington, who was euthanized after breaking down in the Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) in October, sired his first reported foal.
Favored Shillelagh Slew made a strong case as Canada's champion 3-year-old in 2006 with a dominating 7 1/4-length win in Sunday's $179,278 Ontario Derby (Can-III) on the all-weather track at Woodbine.
According to personnel at the New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa., the injured 3-year-old colt Barbaro has received more than 40,000 e-mail messages at the Web site set up for fans to send messages and get-well wishes to the winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Ballroom Deputy, a chestnut daughter of Silver Deputy, captured the $251,600 Maple Leaf Stakes (Can-III) under Dino Luciani Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014