Citing some revenue reductions, as well as the success of the program itself, the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders' Association has informed members that breeder award rates will be cut by 2% later this year.
Dr. Dexter Gary, former president of the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association, died Aug. 5 in Baton Rouge, La. He was 74.
Owner/breeder Stefan Tolin prevailed in a decision on passive loss rules in U.S. Tax Court even though he resided far from the horse operation.
Vicar's in Trouble was named top accredited Louisiana-bred 3-year-old male when the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association earlier this month released results of its voting for divisional standouts of 2014.
Tom Early, who has championed Louisiana's Thoroughbred industry for three decades, was unanimously voted president of the board of directors of the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
The Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana annual yearling sale has cataloged 197 horses.
The Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana's annual yearling sale is set for Sept. 23 at the Ike Hamilton Center in West Monroe, La.
Henry Ray Dunn's Ide Be Cool, unbeaten in four starts at 2 in 2013, was named accredited Louisiana-bred horse of the year May 24 at the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeder Association's annual meeting in Opelousas.
The auction is scheduled for Oct. 16 at Lamar-Dixon in Gonzales, La.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association has announced a few changes for the Sept. 29-30 Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana auction.
The annual Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana yearling sale sponsored by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association will be held Sept. 29-30 at the Ike Hamilton Equine Exposition Center located in West Monroe, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes