Owner/breeder Stefan Tolin prevailed in a decision on passive loss rules in U.S. Tax Court even though he resided far from the horse operation.
Vicar's in Trouble was named top accredited Louisiana-bred 3-year-old male when the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association earlier this month released results of its voting for divisional standouts of 2014.
Tom Early, who has championed Louisiana's Thoroughbred industry for three decades, was unanimously voted president of the board of directors of the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
The Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana annual yearling sale has cataloged 197 horses.
The Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana's annual yearling sale is set for Sept. 23 at the Ike Hamilton Center in West Monroe, La.
Henry Ray Dunn's Ide Be Cool, unbeaten in four starts at 2 in 2013, was named accredited Louisiana-bred horse of the year May 24 at the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeder Association's annual meeting in Opelousas.
The auction is scheduled for Oct. 16 at Lamar-Dixon in Gonzales, La.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association has announced a few changes for the Sept. 29-30 Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana auction.
The annual Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana yearling sale sponsored by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association will be held Sept. 29-30 at the Ike Hamilton Equine Exposition Center located in West Monroe, La.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified