Headed by Japan's Dance in the Mood an international cast of fourteen 3-year-old fillies will contest Hollywood Park's third running of the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf Saturday.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Trainer Paulo Lobo said Wednesday that a cut Pico Central suffered on a foreleg while winning the Metropolitan Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park on May 31 is healing well, and the 4-year-old Brazilian-bred colt is nearing a return to the track.
Upset-minded Lovely Rafaela would not be denied in a grueling stretch duel, nosing rival Western Hemisphere in the $184,925 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park.
Ticker Tape, deprived of a third straight stakes victory by a head loss in the Senorita Stakes (gr. III), will attempt to regain her winning stature in Saturday's Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup