Stonerside Stable's Catboat overcame a slow start to finish the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) on even terms with Richard Otto Stables Inc.'s Lovely Afternoon, the first dead-heat for win in Arlington's race for 3-year-old fillies on the main track.
The Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) was a thrilling race, with Lovely Afternoon near the lead the entire race while the filly that should have been on the lead Catboat, broke poorly and had to rally on the rail. The two hit the wire together.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races