Stonerside Stable's Catboat overcame a slow start to finish the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) on even terms with Richard Otto Stables Inc.'s Lovely Afternoon, the first dead-heat for win in Arlington's race for 3-year-old fillies on the main track.
The Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) was a thrilling race, with Lovely Afternoon near the lead the entire race while the filly that should have been on the lead Catboat, broke poorly and had to rally on the rail. The two hit the wire together.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings