Stonerside Stable's Catboat overcame a slow start to finish the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) on even terms with Richard Otto Stables Inc.'s Lovely Afternoon, the first dead-heat for win in Arlington's race for 3-year-old fillies on the main track.
The Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) was a thrilling race, with Lovely Afternoon near the lead the entire race while the filly that should have been on the lead Catboat, broke poorly and had to rally on the rail. The two hit the wire together.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity