Joseph Balsamo's stakes winner Weigelia showed his consistency again by taking the six-furlong $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint during Calder's Florida Million.
Lloyd Madison Farms' 4-year-old Champali is among the horses to beat in a wide-open field of 13 entered in the $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. III), part of the "Summit of Speed" series at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Man From Wicklow, who won last year's Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I), is currently training at Palm Meadows for a scheduled start in the Sunshine Millions Franks Farm Turf on Jan. 24.
Calder specialist Love That Moon posted a mild upset in the $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint Handicap on Florida Million day, defeating Pick'em by three-quarters of a length with 8-to-5 favorite Sing Me Back Home finishing third.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives