Joseph Balsamo's stakes winner Weigelia showed his consistency again by taking the six-furlong $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint during Calder's Florida Million.
Lloyd Madison Farms' 4-year-old Champali is among the horses to beat in a wide-open field of 13 entered in the $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. III), part of the "Summit of Speed" series at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Man From Wicklow, who won last year's Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I), is currently training at Palm Meadows for a scheduled start in the Sunshine Millions Franks Farm Turf on Jan. 24.
Calder specialist Love That Moon posted a mild upset in the $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint Handicap on Florida Million day, defeating Pick'em by three-quarters of a length with 8-to-5 favorite Sing Me Back Home finishing third.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes Test
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Declined
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby