Favored Eighttofasttocatch wins the Maryland Million Classic to highlight Maryland racing's big day.
The 26th Jim McKay Maryland Million attracted 111 entrants to the 11-race program which will be held Oct. 1 at Laurel Park. The total purses are worth more than $1 million.
Graded stakes placed in a pair of starts this year, Ms Vanenzza looks to break through against nine fillies and mares in the $150,000 Endine Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 20 at Delaware Park.
One Smokin' Lady, who in her last start romped to a 5 1/2-length allowance victory at Philadelphia Park, will make the jump into graded stakes company in the $100,000 Cicada (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Aqueduct.
New Farm's homebred Wild Gams, a two-time stakes winner last year, has been named 2008 New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year. Wild Gams also garnered honors as champion handicap female.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby