Favored Eighttofasttocatch wins the Maryland Million Classic to highlight Maryland racing's big day.
The 26th Jim McKay Maryland Million attracted 111 entrants to the 11-race program which will be held Oct. 1 at Laurel Park. The total purses are worth more than $1 million.
Graded stakes placed in a pair of starts this year, Ms Vanenzza looks to break through against nine fillies and mares in the $150,000 Endine Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 20 at Delaware Park.
One Smokin' Lady, who in her last start romped to a 5 1/2-length allowance victory at Philadelphia Park, will make the jump into graded stakes company in the $100,000 Cicada (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Aqueduct.
New Farm's homebred Wild Gams, a two-time stakes winner last year, has been named 2008 New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year. Wild Gams also garnered honors as champion handicap female.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Rouse Earns F. Ambrose Clark Award
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Stakeholders Support Central Rule Making