Wigmore Hall, winless since last year's Northern Dancer Stakes Presented by Vtech (Can-IT), successfully defended his crown when he outfought favored Al Khali in the homestretch over Woodbine's turf course Sept. 16.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Woodbine's grade I Northern Dancer Turf Stakes freshly added to his race record, Irish-bred Wigmore Hall adds to a breakout year for the Sadler's Wells stallion High Chaparral.
British invader Wigmore Hall, guided patiently by jockey Jamie Spencer through an opening along the inside, went on to win the Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf Sept. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy