Five retired jockeys will ride against five of the top riders in the Arlington Park standings in the "Arlington Fab vs. Legends" turf race Aug. 17, one day before the 30th running of the Arlington Million.
Veteran rider Frankie Lovato Jr. broke out of his seasonal shutout in a big way Saturday by registering the first four-win afternoon by any jockey riding during the current session at Arlington Park.
Anthony Lovato, second in the 2001 and 2002 Lone Star Park jockey standings, is back to his old winning ways in Grand Prairie after a long stint in Southern California. The 34-year-old jockey returned to action in Texas on May 26 and has already tallied eight wins in 10 racing days.
Hallowed Dreams suffered a second straight defeat at the Fair Grounds Saturday in the $72,750 Pan Zareta Handicap, won by My Brent's Diamond. Hallowed Dreams finished second for the first time in 29 career races and is currently in the midst of the longest losing streak of her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses