Five retired jockeys will ride against five of the top riders in the Arlington Park standings in the "Arlington Fab vs. Legends" turf race Aug. 17, one day before the 30th running of the Arlington Million.
Veteran rider Frankie Lovato Jr. broke out of his seasonal shutout in a big way Saturday by registering the first four-win afternoon by any jockey riding during the current session at Arlington Park.
Anthony Lovato, second in the 2001 and 2002 Lone Star Park jockey standings, is back to his old winning ways in Grand Prairie after a long stint in Southern California. The 34-year-old jockey returned to action in Texas on May 26 and has already tallied eight wins in 10 racing days.
Hallowed Dreams suffered a second straight defeat at the Fair Grounds Saturday in the $72,750 Pan Zareta Handicap, won by My Brent's Diamond. Hallowed Dreams finished second for the first time in 29 career races and is currently in the midst of the longest losing streak of her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes
- Golf Outing to Raise Money for Morris, Others