Graded stakes winners Sing Baby Sing and Ravalo head a field of eight entered for the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup Aug. 22 at the Oklahoma City racetrack
Coragil Cat burst to the lead mid-stretch and drew off to win the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) by three lengths at odds of 11-1 in his graded debut May 24 on Arlington Park's Polytrack.
This time one year ago, Robert Yagos' Spotsgone was sent off at odds of 81-1 in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III). In the 2008 edition to be held May 24 at Arlington Park, the son of Bright Launch was installed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite. Of course, the drastic change in odds may have a little something to do with Spotsgone lighting up the toteboard with a $165 mutual in last year's edition.
A sloppy track and red-hot pace battle did nothing to slow Semaphore Man, who repelled a challenge from Junior College through the stretch and drew off in the final strides for a front-running 1 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park April 10.
Edward P. Evans' homebred Pleasant Strike was angled out mid-stretch by jockey Rene Douglas and finished with aplomb to win the $150,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds going away at Arlington Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa