Cot Campbell is hoping to get enough points in the Louisiana Derby to make it to Churchill
With two fairly uneventful weekends coming up, this is the perfect time to see how the big March Madness stakes are shaping up across the country. While many of the big-name horses will be running in smaller fields in Florida and California, look for large, competitive fields down south.
Bobby Frankel, who had been planning on running Generous Stakes winner Peace Rules in the El Camino Real Derby, changed his mind at the 11th hour and has opted for the Louisiana Derby instead.
Michael Tabor's Nokoma, runner-up in last year's Remsen Stakes, breezed a sharp 5 furlongs in 1:00 4/5 Tuesday for the March 16 Florida Derby. Trainer Todd Pletcher called the work "super."
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale