Cot Campbell is hoping to get enough points in the Louisiana Derby to make it to Churchill
With two fairly uneventful weekends coming up, this is the perfect time to see how the big March Madness stakes are shaping up across the country. While many of the big-name horses will be running in smaller fields in Florida and California, look for large, competitive fields down south.
Bobby Frankel, who had been planning on running Generous Stakes winner Peace Rules in the El Camino Real Derby, changed his mind at the 11th hour and has opted for the Louisiana Derby instead.
Michael Tabor's Nokoma, runner-up in last year's Remsen Stakes, breezed a sharp 5 furlongs in 1:00 4/5 Tuesday for the March 16 Florida Derby. Trainer Todd Pletcher called the work "super."
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- NYRA Bets Now Available in California
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- BH 100: The Royal Treatment
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill