Ron Franklin, who became a teenage sensation in 1979 when he rode Spectacular Bid to victory in the first two legs of the Triple Crown, is expected to appear before the Maryland Racing Commission Feb. 20 to ask for reinstatement as a jockey.
Former jockey Randy Romero is among eight sports figures that will be inducted into Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame at a June 25 ceremony in Natchitoches.
Plans have been floated for two racetracks in Louisiana, but some legislators have asked the state racing commission not to issue any more licenses. They believe the plans are more about gaming than horse racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash