Defending champion Gentoo heads a field of 10 turf marathoners in the $339,920 Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
Jockey Christophe Lemaire's patience was rewarded as Gentoo shot through a small opening late in the race to claim victory in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 24.
Lady of Venice swept past Precious Kitten and odds-on favorite Price Tag in deep stretch to win the $1 million CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Hollywood Park turf Friday night.
Martin Schwartz's heavily favored Lady of Venice stormed from last at the head of the stretch to win Monday's $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) going away under a hand ride from Garrett Gomez on a slow turf at Lone Star Park.
Lady of Venice, a French-bred filly who was making her American debut, scored an authoritative win in the $109,100 Appalachian Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms