Highlighted by the $1 million Delta Jackpot (gr. III), Delta Downs has announced a stakes schedule consisting of 32 stakes with purses totaling $4.64 million during the 2012-2013 meet.
Lousiana-bred standout Star Guitar, on a five-race roll for Albert Stall Jr., has nine rivals in his way in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship, the headline race on a million-dollar card at Delta Downs Feb. 6.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Magic Sunset pressed the pace, stuck a head in front at the top of the stretch, and went on to win by 1 Â¾ lengths in the $200,000 Premier Night Championship Stakes, the featured event of an all Louisiana-bred stakes program at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel Feb. 2.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable has seven horses entered on Louisiana Premier Night Feb. 2 at Delta Downs.
Costa Rising, a winner of eight of 13 starts last year, is the even-money favorite on the morning line for Saturday's $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs.
A total of 136 horses bred in Louisiana are pre-entered in the six stakes races worth more than $550,000 that will make up the 2006 edition of Louisiana Premier Night to be held at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino on Feb. 18.
An appearance by Jake Delhomme -- this time in the role of Thoroughbred owner -- was just one of many highlights on an evening when more than $1 million in purse money was up for grabs for Louisiana-breds at Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino.
Spritely Walker heads a cast of seven in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship, the featured event in a series of 10 races worth $1 million for state breds at Delta Downs Saturday night.
Most Popular Stories
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge