An official with Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots assured Louisiana lawmakers May 6 that owner Churchill Downs Inc. will make the improvements required under a conditional license it received from state racing commission.
A Louisiana Senate committee rejected an emergency rule approved by the Louisiana State Racing Commission to lower the testing threshold level for phenylbutazone from 5 micrograms per milliliter to 2 micrograms.
Legislation that will expand advance deposit wagering in Louisiana was signed into law by Gov. Bobby Jindal June 30.
Iberville Parish, La., voters should be allowed to cast ballots on whether they want a new racetrack with slot machines, the Louisiana House voted May 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup