The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association has issued a call for its members to contact their legislators and voice opposition to several bills filed during the session that began March 10.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has contributed $50,000 to various equine-related charities to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Churchill Downs Inc. has been in negotiations with Louisiana horsemen to acquire $90 million in legal claims against Fair Grounds, which shows CDI could be interested in purchasing Fair Grounds, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- A New Daily Dawns - Eric Mitchell
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout