The U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, has approved Churchill Downs Incorporated's $47-million purchase of Fair Grounds, according to a release from Churchill Downs. CDI, the Fair Grounds Corporation, and Louisiana Horseman's Benevolent and Protective Association are expected to close the transaction on or before Oct. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic