Gulfstream Park had $27,255,863 in all-sources handle March 28, breaking its Florida Derby Day record of $26,820,951 that was set March 29, 2014.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots announced its second purse increase of the season Feb. 5, boosting overnight purses 5% while also increasing the prize money for three Louisiana Derby Day stakes.
Dan Hendricks saddled Daytona to four consecutive stakes victories in the past five months, his most recent being the Feb. 9 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT). In the March 8 Mervyn Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds, the trainer looks to extend that streak and add another graded win to his runner's resume.
Nominations for the five stakes races on Louisiana Derby Day March 10 at Fair Grounds Race Course close Saturday.
Louisiana Derby Day at Fair Grounds Race Course Saturday shattered all-sources handle records and the modern on-track handle record.
Most Popular Stories
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino